Liberating through:

Liberation can take place in many different forms. For some its freedom of speech, others it’s expression through paintings but what I want to question is is Liberation just an act of doing? To paint to express, to dance to express, to speak to express. Its important to recognise that music is widely seen to have liberating values.

Thoughts on project:
Moving away from first idea of wanting to create a visual standing reconstuction celebrating the history of Lincoln I’m now looking at focusing on liberating the history of Lincoln through an animation. Almost like a ‘walk through lincoln’.

Dizzee Rascal – Bonkers

My main influence on design would be taken from Dizzee Rascals ‘Bonkers’. I like the illusion the fish eye perspective gives during choral moments. Showing Dizzee to be much bigger than his surroundings.
Unknown-1

The use of this comedic shark costume gives the piece an entertaining factor. Throughout the video it highlights elements of light-hearted comedy. Possibly a factor for me to include in my own short animation.

Another short animation I found really made me realise that focusing on the binary opposition of Big vs Small will definitely be a main theme for my project.

Les talons rouges / The Red Heels – www.vimeo.com/68922521

Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 13.09.38

Les talons rouges / The Red Heels was a one minute short, focusing around the point of view of a child. I really enjoyed this quirky little short as the busyness of the legs and constant movement from the child gives the piece energy, it makes it exciting to watch.